Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Please tell me....

 As we exhibit and sell vintage lighting in shows around the country, the most frequently asked question we're asked is a variation of “ What kind of lighting should I put into my 1919 Bungalow?"  (Insert any year or style, the question is basically always the same). And my answer is always the same: Choose the antique fixtures that appeal to you, fixtures that fit your own unique sense of style, and fixtures which bring you pleasure to look at regardless of the “style” or “era” someone has attached to it.

Two of the nicest features of authentic vintage lighting are 1. The myrid of styles, finishes and designs to choose from, and 2. They are easily replaced, so when you fall in love with them you can take them with you to your next home, and 3. (Who's counting?) Authentic vintage lighting retains and increases its value, even as soon as you "drive it off the lot."
As our staff discussed this frequently asked question of "What kind of lighting should I put into my 1919 Bungalow?" a much larger question emerged....... stay tuned.

Listen to your eyes PB

No comments:

Post a Comment