Thursday, March 25, 2010

The power in action

I recently came across this tidbit from Goethe again: "Doubt can only be removed by action". I don't know how many times doubt has stopped me in my tracks quicker than a mule in quicksand. There were times doubts completely left me unable to move forward, unable to even take the first small step. I remember when I knew I had to rebuild the garage because it was starting to lean precariously to one side, having been built originally as a stable with no foundation and built on sand (literally - it was the original beach house in that area). Doubts stopped me for YEARS before I could take the first swing of the hammer. I would stare at the garage, knowing what steps were need (after shoring it up so it wouldn't collapse in the next wind storm) but still I had an inability to move on it.  Feeling a bit more depressed every time I turned away from it.
And as I have found over the years, once I started or took action, I was surprised how simple and uplifting it was to complete the project.  Simple in that just one action after another got me to totally replace each of the four walls, replace all windows, install a door, install a foundation, pour a concrete slab floor and install underground electrical and plumbing to it.
Above is the actual finished garage.


Take action my friends. PB

No comments:

Post a Comment